The holidays are nearly here, but you still have plenty of time for Christmas shopping. Why not skip the lines at the mall and to head to your welding table, strike an arc, and be the Santa Claus of your garage?
Image Source: Etsy
Today we are going to be talking about great gifts that you can weld for friends and family. Completing a few of these projects before the holidays will not only hone your skills, but will leave the folks on your Christmas list with a handmade gift they will cherish for a lifetime.
Check out these 10 welding project ideas that make excellent Holiday gifts.
- Key Chain Welding Project- Why not start with something small, simple and useful? Weld a monogram keychain and pair it with a store bought key ring. Your thoughtful gift will be appreciated every time the recipient digs for their keys and sees your handiwork.
- Candle Holder Welding Project- Candleholders can be welded with a variety of materials and are certainly a project where you can unleash your creativity. Consider welding a wall hanging star from round rod or a tabletop candleholder from horseshoes.
- Bike Chain Bowl Welding Project- Everyone needs a catch-all bowl for keys, mail and the miscellaneous items that make their way into our homes. So give the gift of a more organized entryway by welding a bowl out of concentric circles using bicycle chain or even washers.
- Wine Rack Welding Project- Have any wine lovers on your list this year? Consider welding them a storage rack for their stash of Shiraz. Wine racks are an easy and popular gift idea which can be welded from cut sheets of steel, metal tubing or even horseshoes.
- Word Art Welding Project- The dictionary is the limit with this customizable, home decor welding project. Using found materials such as washers, old bolts and silverware you can weld generic words such as love, home and family or make a custom piece of artwork displaying the recipient’s name.
- Coat Rack Welding Project- As with the bike chain bowl, this welding project is ideal for the busy family or individual who needs a quick place to toss coats, hats and umbrellas upon arriving home. You can pair metal with wood to create a mixed-material piece or stick with what you know and weld the entire coat rack.
- Bookend Welding Project- This is the ideal gift for the book lover on your list as it will add style and function to their office or home bookshelf. Welded bookends can be made of a vast array of materials such as gears, pipe or silverware. Be sure that it is heavy enough to hold up books (shouldn’t be a problem with metal) and that the base of your set is smooth and even.
- Garden Sculpture Welding Project- From flowers to farm animals, welded garden sculptures are trendy and always appreciated. Using metal tubing and nails, weld something simple like a dandelion to stick in a garden bed. Or, go big and use old car parts and license plates to weld something quirky and whimsical such as a large metal chicken.
- Jewelry Holder Tree Welding Project- The perfect gift for the “fashionista” in your life, weld a stylish, practical tree from ⅛ inch stainless steel rod. Attach it to a flat base to support the tree and all the necklaces and bracelets that will soon adorn it.
- Tabletop Sculpture Welding Project- Use found materials to create a small, indoor sculpture that appeals to the specific interests of someone on your Christmas list. Get creative with this project and weld a small soccer player from nuts and bolts or use old silverware to weld a desktop smart-phone holder that features spoons for the feet and forks for the hands.
Stock Up on Welding Supplies for the Holidays!
We hope that you get creative and use your welding talent as you work through your Christmas list this holiday season. Feel free to stop by our facebook page and show off your giftable creations. As always, head to Baker’s Gas and Welding before you hit the shop to stock up on gloves, protective gear, clamps and more.